Re: Buying used gear...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CalDiver on August 29, 2000 at 12:22:10:

In Reply to: Buying used gear... posted by Wayne on August 28, 2000 at 22:04:59:

The Dive N Surf Yard Sale is in February every year, usually around Presidents' Day weekend. I bought my Matrix Master dive computer, US Diver reg and octo, and pressure gauge for $300 or $350 total there a couple years ago. It was a used set that had been in rental (used for students, mostly) for one year. They replace a lot of their rental gear yearly, and as the guys in the shop both maintain it and check it all out, I much prefer buying used gear at the Yard Sale than from a private party. There is a sale going on there right now of new gear, wetsuits, booties, fins, etc. Also Jocko finds a few tanks a month, makes sure they're VIPped and hydro'd, and sells them at decent prices. I got a very well maintained Steel 72 from him a year ago for $80 and another for $90. I just left my number with the shop there and he called me when he had what I had asked for. The sooner you buy your gear, the more you'll dive, so congratulations and get going!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]