Re: Re; My turn/buddy vs. solo

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eins on September 01, 2000 at 07:57:59:

In Reply to: Re; My turn/buddy vs. solo posted by Ken Kurtis on September 01, 2000 at 00:54:21:

(Ken Kurtis asked:) The real underlying question to me, seems to be whether solo diving casues accidents to happen that would not have occured had the diver been diving with a partner.

Ken, this question may be answered with a good chance of accuracy by pure logic.
To prevent an accident from happening that is occurring only because one dives solo, would require that an attentive buddy had watched this diver and prevented happening whatever caused the problem. In theory, this may work. In practice, where is this attentive buddy? He's diving his own dive! If we're lucky, he will check on us every 10, 15 seconds. Every 30 seconds to a minute is more realistic. Great for preventing problems from occurring. NOT!

To look at your question more globally, what could solo divers do (that causes problems) that buddy divers don't do? I mean, this implies that solo divers do the opposite of what they should do: dive riskier. I don't know if this assumption is realistic.

Eins

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]