why so hostile, Fred? do you work for diversdiscount?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by joe on September 01, 2000 at 20:26:01:

In Reply to: Re: diversdiscount posted by fred on August 26, 2000 at 21:32:22:

Fred,

I think you owe Dave an apology.

Irrespective whether Dave is illiterate or doesn't speak English as his first language (neither of which is relevant to the issue), his point about diversdiscount is fairly clear, albeit neither overly detailed nor grammatically correct. His personal experience is also supported by Alonza's post.

I've been ordering scuba gear via the net and I learned two things from these posts: 1) Dave had a problem with diversdiscount.com, and 2) Alonza had some problem with the same outfit. That's valuable information to me as a consumer of scuba gear, especially since the information comes from two sources. I'll think about that next time I order from diversdiscount, along with the positive reports.

I feel the need to speak up because I've benefited from Dave's original post and the thread that followed. His post is in the spirit of this list since he tried to inform people of his personal experience as a consumer. From that standpoint, your personal attack on Dave "from your post it seems you are next to illiterate, or don't speak english" is irrelevant to this diver/consumer (and others on the list, I would suspect) and is simply offensive.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]