What goes on underwater

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by skelly on September 04, 2000 at 12:47:28:

In Reply to: Re: Criteria for Solo Diving posted by Jim Hoffmann on September 01, 2000 at 22:02:53:

I went on a charter and the singles paired off enroute, so we had some idea of each other's ability- but my partner turned into a real jerk. One example- he just went on ahead through all the kelp thinking I would just follow- and of course he stirred up all the kelp so I had to risk getting tangled just to keep him in sight. He thought it was "cool" to have kelp trailing from his tank, etc. Another- When my air got low enough I had to dive deeper and longer before I could pass him the signal that I was going up. Another- suddenly we were in 10 feet of water with no where to go but back because he never looked at his depth gauge, and since it happened so abruptly, I'm suprised he couldn't see that far ahead. Did he think he was at a wall? More likely he just consulted his computer back on board. And I dive with my gauge in hand. Anyway, some suggestions and a question: Do have the singles get together in the beginning so they can pair off according to ability, mind-set, whatever before they get to the site. Our captain did it at the site. Question- is it feasible for a diver to tie a guide line to the anchor rope- I suppose it depends upon the site... but your ideas, please.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]