Re: Beware of the hypocrites about "Solo" diving? and Capt'n Tim

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Meagher the Dinosaur on September 06, 2000 at 21:29:53:

In Reply to: Re: Beware of the hypocrites about "Solo" diving? posted by tleemay on September 06, 2000 at 10:11:06:

Tim was one of only 2 buddies that I dove with in the 70's, 80's and early 90's. (in '92 I moved to WA state, and havn't dove much with Tim since. He's afraid of the HUGE ling cods we have up here!)
FYI, I stopped diving on charter boats around '87 when Tim and I bought our own dive boats. We were tire of the big head bozo's on the dive boats that had an opinion about everything.
They are the same ones that would leave their buddy at a moments notice, off to go "solo."
Many of them are still around today.
And what Tim tells me, they still are out there
ditching buddies this very day....

The other buddy that I would dive with was my 1st wife. These two folks were good dive buddies, because we really knew each others skills, etc.
I dove "solo" if I was not with one of them.
I simply refused.

In my very early, diving years, say, my first 3-4 years, I'd team up with people on dive boats.
I had more problems then. Problems with my buddy
leaving. Or divers running out of air and wanting mine.

Tim never did that to me. Cause he knew that if he was out of air, he was on his own. Ha!

We took care of ourselves. And shared the same ocean. Occasionally, fought over the same lobster.

Yet somehow, us dinosaurs are still here, after only 24 years of diving, several THOUSANDS of dives,
hundreds and hundreds of deep dives,
hundreds and hundreds of wreck penetration dives,
hundreds and hundreds of night dives,
we're still ticking...
Somehow us "dinosaurs" must have been doing
something right, cause wer're both alive,
and neither of us ever got bent.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject: