Re: Beware of the hypocrites about "Solo" diving?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on September 07, 2000 at 10:11:01:

In Reply to: Re: Beware of the hypocrites about "Solo" diving? posted by Mike Meagher on September 06, 2000 at 21:09:57:

Mike,

I'm sorry to jump in and disagree with you but I need clarification of some of the things you said. But since you and I don't know each other and you have no background about me I'll give you the Readers Digest version.

I used to do a lot of deep air diving and a lot of solo diving. But I disagree with the following statements you have made.

But I made progressively deeper dives, learned how to concentrate, and adapt, and developed systems and procedures that allowed me to function. I've conditioned myself like an athlete for deep diving.

PLease explain what conditioning like an athlete will solve deep air???

But I still feel that much very good diving, can still safely be done, if one sticks to the KISS principle. (Keep It Simple Stupid). Thats why I have not yet adopted the mixed gass lifestyle.

In my view this is a completely contradictory statement. Mix provides for a clear head and does not significantly complicate a dive. In fact, mix is a very misunderstood medium and is not as complicated as many think, particlualry if we are talking about a hyperoxic or normoxic trimix. Is it your position that a deep air diver, say at 175', is safer ( or less comlicated or however you want to phrase it ) than a diver on a hyperoxic mix of 22/30???

In this example the diver would yield a P02 of 1.39 and he would have a END of 94', he would incur a minimal decompression obligation that would not require elevated levels of F02 to off gas.

How is the air diver in a better position than the mix diver in this example???

Regards

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]