Re: Sounds too complicated to me.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on September 11, 2000 at 11:05:46:

In Reply to: Sounds too complicated to me. posted by Eins on September 11, 2000 at 10:01:18:

Posted by Eins on September 11, 2000 at 10:01:18:

All the hoopla about steel vs. aluminum, backplate or not, ankle or whatever weights, is not relevant.

It seems that you are agruing now for the sake of arguing... All the *hoopla* as you put it is directly relevant..

If you followed my recomendation that states that your total weighting should be 10% of your body weight plus 6 - 8 lbs, it's a particularly relevant. Perhaps you are unaware that steel and AL tanks have differeing bouyancy characteristics?? Moroever, a SS BP is 6 lbs negative, ankle weights, light cannisters etc. all play a factor in this overall weighting system.

If it's too complicated for you to figure out perhaps you should get a better handle on the subject matter prior to rendering advice. I see all too many diver's diving overweighted week in and week out. After I take the time to explain these principles to them, you'll be surprised how much weigh they shed.

BTW, I dive every weekend, I see many, many open ocean divers on a weekly basis, can you say the same??? If so, for the benefit of those on the list that don't know you or your experience level why don't you share this so we can get a sense of who is providing the information. And BTW, aquarium dives don't count..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]