Don't dismiss your dive shop on prices! Try this

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on September 13, 2000 at 15:29:11:

In Reply to: Discount Diver Supply reputation? posted by KZ on September 13, 2000 at 00:12:13:

If you cannot afford the "higher" price that is associated with thehigherr level of service, talk to the owner of the shop. Most dive shops are small enough that you will be able to know the folks in charge. Tell them your problem. Ask if they can help you on the price, and I'll bet they will either meet the price or assist you in getting THAT ITEM elsewhere. As a new diver or a dinosaur, you will be best served by a local diveshop. And remember that when you have a problem, it will be the local diveshop that you will turn to.

Many times people assume that there is something wrong with the markups charged by diveshops. But look around and think of what your BC or reg is buying. You are paying the the unit, but you are also paying for a portion of the wages, health care, bldg rent&maintenance, employee training (keeping current in servicing your gear), lights, phone, cost of money to pay for the gear in stock so you can make your decision, and PROFITS so the store can expand and continue during the lean times.

Remember when there were local dairies? I do. They provided outstanding service. Then the big supermarkets took over by offering low prices by having less service and lower overhead burden. Well my friend, the dairy on the corner is gone and so is the low price that got rid of them. What we now have is the high price and the low service. The worst of both worlds. SUPPORT THE DIVE INDUSTRY AND SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL DIVE SHOP!

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]