Nobody wants to admit good points of Spare Air

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on September 15, 2000 at 16:40:11:

In Reply to: Re: Good points, GS/Question posted by Ken Kurtis on September 13, 2000 at 23:12:47:

I think that the price is a small issue. Sure if you look as cuft/$ is looks bad. Almost a bad as Steel vs. Aluminum (oops that might create problems). Some good points are that it will provide a few breaths in an emergency ascent or while dealing with the change to an alternate source of local air (buddy, for example).

But compared to a pony, it is small, easy to carry, easy to hand to someone else, easy to carry around. etc. If we only had Ponies, I'll bet folks would jump on them as insufficient compared to doubles. But since we have ponies, we pick on Spare Air.

Not everyone wants to carry a full sized spare in their car, and not everyone wants to carry a full sized spare on their back. me, I practice breathing from my BC, but I do not recomend itto others. Someday I will buy the Spare Air. Based on the advantages in size and weight and the ability to give me a few breaths on the emergency ascent.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]