Re: your remarks..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Randy on September 23, 2000 at 17:21:01:

In Reply to: Re: your remarks.. posted by Eins on September 23, 2000 at 16:43:38:

the three desertions happened in one dive. the only reason we came back togather was i tracked him down so i would be alone. what i truely believe is that judging by his actions, if i had had a problem, he would have been of no help, and if i waited for him to assist, it may have cost me my life. this is my view from two weeks later. I cannot put a safe picture on this dive. of all the people i've dove with, he was the single worst, and thus the scariest for me. prior to the dive, we had talked several times on the phone. he hadn't dove for several months, and had never been to anacapa. he stated several time he was looking forward to having me show him around. We had diner togather the night before,and he was very friendly and outgoing. absolutely no clue as to what was to come. I do have two buddies i normaly dive with, and feel safe with them. but they are not always available to me, or vice versa. MHK's idea of always diving with a competent buddy works if you only dive with the same person/people, and you know their experianced. but someone has to teach them, and even he had to make those first dives with a new buddy he didn't know yet, when he got his current buddies.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]