Re: OK, I'll bite

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Whaledale on November 28, 1999 at 08:53:18:

In Reply to: OK, I'll bite posted by Jusfer on November 28, 1999 at 00:53:56:

I knew my last comment would prompt an air strike . Thats ok . If you do a week of live aboard diving say 4-6 dives per day a computer failure in the middle of the week would cause you to have to sit out 24 hours . OUCH . A big inconvenience and a terrable loss of diving opportunitys . A ( $150 )back up computer would have prevented this from happening . Use the tables . Lets be real . Look around the boat next time you dive . Except for new divers ( students ) and I am not knocking students please , you will see vary , vary few people using the tables . Yes all your diving can be handled , tracked this way but generly is not as soon as a computer is purchased . Oh am I going to get hammered on this forum now ! Yes I am a bad boy . I only us my Data Max with a Prodigy back up , same algorithum . I did check with Oceanic . Hey I am not trying to start a food fight . Just my 2 cents . Dive with what you are comfortable with . I would rather spend my sit time visiting with other divers . Back to you .

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]