Re: time to drop it

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ,MHK on September 26, 2000 at 09:10:56:

In Reply to: Re: time to drop it posted by Frank, AADIVER, Farmer on September 26, 2000 at 08:05:26:

Posted by Frank, AADIVER, Farmer on September 26, 2000 at 08:05:26:

no one has responded to my posts about independent diving and the legal liability issue of buddy diving.

My feeling is this notion of independent diving is more dangerous than buddy diving ( whether it be teams of 2,3,4 or whatever ). In a coordinated team approach, Diver A is assigned to diver B, Diver C is assigned to Diver D and so on. This uncoordinated loose approach could lead to disorganization, confusion and delayed responses in my view. Moreover, while we have repeatedly stated that everyone needs to be self-sufficient, there does exsist some notion of responsibility towards your buddy in a team approach. In this approach that you are advocating there exsists no sense of responsibilty but rather if I happen to be around when you need me I'll help.

As for the notion of litigation within a buddy team, I would like to know the facts of the case that you cite. Generally the good samaritan laws protect untrained diver's and for there to be a finding or a cause of action you would need negligence, and contract and a breach, so before I'm prepared to comment on litigous matters I want to know more of the facts.

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]