Re: In Re: Jason & MHK

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on September 26, 2000 at 12:38:08:

In Reply to: In Re: Jason & MHK posted by Gerry Smith on September 26, 2000 at 12:17:02:

Gerry,

Without sounding to much like a DIR rant ;-) I do worry slightly less about OOA than I do about equipment failure ( ie; my bp ). I have a substantial amount of control over OOA, I check my gauges, I run gas management calculations but if something should happen under DIR philosophy I have a buddy near by and we have been checking each other's gas supply periodically. This is one of the reason we say it's a holistic system, each aspect compliments the other so once you start altering the balance, the system is thrown off.. I do believe however that a SS BP would not preclude me from doing a blow and go if I had to..

As to variation to the system vis a vie SS -v AL, I'm not sure what you are talking about??? The right tool for the job is what we say, and a BP is the right tool but by no means does it in ALL circumstances need to be SS. The fact of the matter is that most of the cave diver's in fresh water, using double PST 104's generally will find that the SS BP is way too much weight.

For sure when I cave dive in Florida I use the AL BP, so I don't know where you got the notion it isn't applicable. I have one in my garage that I might lend you ;-)

Hope that clears it up, if not let me know..

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]