Re: opinions requested on 'bungee' wings...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on September 28, 2000 at 13:08:29:

In Reply to: Re: opinions requested on 'bungee' wings... posted by kelphead on September 28, 2000 at 12:23:48:

Check the tech archieves, they had a good go around after the Jane Orenstein fatality that lead OMS to sue George Irvine and Halcyon for the comments they made. Interestingly, no one from OMS denied that the wings contributed to the death, they just said that George slandered them.

Jane was doing a trimix class, with steel tanks and a wetsuit, the bladder began to leak for some reason so everytime she went to inflate the bungees would squeeze the air out of the wing, the instructor claims he tried to help her but couldn't and left her to die. Irvine, Bill Mee and Dan Volker recovered the body 4 days later.

The lawsuit is still pending so I don't know what the outcome of the lawsuit will be, but Jane is dead nonetheless.

There were a few more but I no longer remember the facts well enough to discuss them. You can always pose the question on teh tech list, those guys will know the facts better than me.

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]