I still miss my At-Pac. It was perfect!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on September 30, 2000 at 14:10:37:

In Reply to: Re: Generic DIR overview posted by seahunt on September 28, 2000 at 12:21:41:

Weight integration in the channel of the back pack (how many of us remember lead shot and marbles? I still have a bucket of that stuff in the garage!), all flotation behind and perfect ability to swim at any angle in the water, simple, clean, but the plastic finally failed. But then again I now am in love with my jacket BC (Cressi Sub) for comfort -- especially while out of the water.

Oh well, I like the old stuff and the new stuff. My wife just retired her seaquest which was a BC bag that is sandwiched between the back pack and the tank. Worked great, but it is getting old and the inflater hose setups are better now (we had the hose fall off last year on a beach dive -- nice to be properly weighted at a time like that!).

I have always liked using a bc while diving, so I can hover at any depth, but I remember BC-less diving. So clean in the water. I used to cover a lot of ground when ab diving off catalina in the spash zone.... Oh I miss a lot about the old days.... I miss the local abalone most!

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]