Remain Calm. You are not under attack.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on October 02, 2000 at 18:03:02:

In Reply to: Re: I should be dead! posted by MHK on October 02, 2000 at 16:26:36:

You really need to relax. Maybe Eins wound you up a bit, but my reference to water compressibility was more in line with the fun facts of the sport. I am very curious and a little interested about the compressibility of the crushed neoprene -- but not your bet. I would have enjoyed knowing the factor used on it vs. standard neoprene (50% was generic). I suspect is is less because of the volumetric ratio of gas to elastomer in the crushed neoprene.

Of course you are right in that everything compresses. So you win the bet. I thought the better use of the board was to enlighten and discuss the reletive merits and things like how much things compress compared to the other materials commonly used in our sport.

And I stand my by criticism than if 90% survive a dive that goes well then 10% is too high a number to allow any of us to dive. I am criticising the use of exaggeration to make points as this is the usual launch pad where we seem to diverge into the personal attacks.

And my opinion is that it is just as bad to say 90% survive as to say that some amterial will NEVER compress.

If you were over here by my office in Torrance, I would say "Let me buy you a beer and we could have a laugh, but since we can't have a beer" ( Diet Coke in my case) and sit back and have a good chuckle about all the fun stuff of diving and the funny points made by all -- even if it is at your expense (or mine).

We all need to laugh more around here!

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]