Can't make it on the dive, but a few comments on it...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on October 03, 2000 at 15:25:42:

In Reply to: Yukon Dive trip....... 10/15 posted by MHK on October 02, 2000 at 16:03:46:

...since I wish I was able to make it.

If instructors have a problem with a divemaster leading a dive... well they have forgotten what a divemaster is. Many of them think that DM is just a cert to get out of the way while trying to become an instructor. I prefer to dive with divemasters (real ones who believe that being a good DM is what it is all about) to diving with instructors. Well ususally, but there are a few instructors that are good dive buddies... Hope nobody gets mad at that!

As far as the dive, I assume you will be encouraging the use of geezer gas. Since it might be too late once you set sail, what blend do you recommend the divers have when they board? Any equipment that you would encourage them to bring (backup lights, stobes, knife, shears, etc.). Will nitrox fills be available on the boat or do the divers need to bring extra tanks? Will an O2 analyzer be avail to measure the blend on subsequent dives if air is used to top off the tanks (I am assuming the use non-O2-Clean tanks initially filled with a membrane system) or will the divers use a calculator?

And the not checking of c-cards on that other boat when they did not personally know a diver... did this boat at least have a role call to make sure they had all aboard when they left? At least this is usually done in California.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]