DUI

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eins on October 03, 2000 at 15:29:12:

In Reply to: Re: Nice work, MHK posted by kelphead on October 03, 2000 at 12:22:49:

Hi kelphead,
I am still waiting for DUI's response in this matter and will post their answer as soon as I get it and no matter what it says.

I'm indeed talking about their CF material ("crushed neoprene") and that is what my doubt is all about. MHK stated something to the account that "the WKPP team did tests that showed that the [DUI CF]200 compresses so they prefer the [DUI TLS]350." DUI, on the other hand, states on their web site that the CF material is sans bubbles and therefore does not compress. They have a page that goes into detail about the differences between crushed and compressed and they show cross cut sections of different materials that clearly indicate that crushed is significantly different and that DUI has a patent on making crushed neoprene (which implies that no other mfg. can offer such a product).

I was hoping MHK would just post the results of the WKPP tests as he announced he would, once he gets them. That would be a relevant response. To post formulas that are claiming to calculate compression of neoprene that still contains bubbles does not answer the question.

Arno

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]