Re: Beach diving entry techniques

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on October 05, 2000 at 10:16:25:

In Reply to: Re: Beach diving entry techniques posted by KellyG on October 05, 2000 at 10:05:48:

Kelly,

Your initial posts was offensive to a very well respected memeber of this list. He has been a shop owner, instructor and a very active memeber of the dive community for over 20 years. It would be natural for those of us who know Jim and respect him to take exception to your initial tone.

While I'll grant you this list get's a little heated sometimes ( trust me I know about that ;-) ), we do share a bunch of good information as well. My sense is that if you take a step back and take a diffeent approach you may end up enjoying this list...

As to the alleged PADI bashing on Jim's behalf, I would remind you that Jim is one of the more experienced ( older ;-) ) PADI instructors around. ANd in point of fact PADI has watered down there standards much to the shugrin of some of the older instructors.. PADI has made a conscious decision to gain market share by lowering standards, so you shouldn't get too defensive when PADI get's challenged because by in large it's a self-inflicted wound...

Regards

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]