Re: Beach diving entry techniques

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by KellyG on October 05, 2000 at 10:48:59:

In Reply to: Re: Beach diving entry techniques posted by MHK on October 05, 2000 at 10:16:25:

I wasn't trying to insult anyone, and I certainly didn't get the idea Jim was insulted, just that RAP took it upon himself to pound on someone sort of vicariously without adding any information of value. That's lame. I have seen a lot of that in reading back through this board, and I think it really detracts from the purpose and wastes space. (Of course, I'm probably wasting space now.)

Anyway, I was just trying to point out that Other Ben's comment about what PADI teaches about beach entry wasn't right, and that's how people get the wrong idea about the practices of an entire agency. I have seen a lot of that in the industry, and it's troubling. I am no PADI apologist, in fact I'm a NAUI diver, but I prefer analysis to bandwagon bashing. I do agree that there are certain problems with PADI, and I appreciate your very specific discussions of them. THAT is helpful.

So, you're right, I could have stated it better. Thus, Jim, I'm sorry if I offended; MHK, thanks for reminding us all to keep a level head; and RAP, well, why don't you try to take the high road once in a while instead of gleefully piling on the venom? It makes you look smarter.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]