Abs!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JRM on October 07, 2000 at 17:37:33:

OK, short trip report. I did my first ab dive on Thursday near Fort Bragg, and scored two near eight inches. We only had about 25 minutes in the water. I should have limited out, but it took a bit to get the knack of getting them off, and by that time it was time to go. That and not having a float, which required a swim back to the entry point when I finally did manage to get that first one.

And I fried 'em up last night at a little shindig we were having. Heaven!

I was in L.A. for a trade show this week, and we left Thursday morning about 6:am (up about 5:am). I got back into the no (Fresno) about 10:, and had just dropped off my boss when my buddy called and said we were going. I rushed home, packed my gear, and made it out to the airport by 10:45. We were wheels up just after 11:, and after a failed landing attempt at Little River we settled for Ukiah. We were on the road a little after 1:pm, and made it from Ukiah to Ft. Bragg in just over an hour (at warp factor four). We hit the spot, dressed, and jogged the half mile or so to the water. Climbed down the cliff, and hit the drink. It was awesome. About 3 foot of surge, with 10-15' vis, and less than a foot of wind-waves. Perfect. We had about 25 minutes of in-water time, followed by the jog back to the car, turbo undress, the hour plus drive, a short flight to grab the charter passenger, and then the flight back to Fresberg. Popped the abs and cleaned them in the parking lot behind the dive shop (another first), and was still arrived on time for an 8:pm meeting. Home by 10: with the abs in the fridge. Gear completely cleaned and rinsed and in bed by 11:pm. Not a bad 18 hours!

I'm headed up again tomorrow, although by car this time with some of the same friends. We won't have any in-water time restrictions, so hopefully I can limit out.

Now, if I can just figure out a way to get down and head out for Lobster :-).

JRM

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]