LET'S HAVE A PARTY!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Sedletzky on October 07, 2000 at 22:08:10:

I would like to set up a north coast campout party for all the participants of this board. We should plan it sometime for August or September of next year (2001). I think that should be plenty of time for people to make solid plans. I'm thinking Anchor Bay Campground, just 10 minutes north of Gualala. This site is nestled right in the redwoods (gorgeous) and has both full hook-ups for RV's and tent sites available. Anchor bay has a beautiful beach with boat/inflatable launching right there, and some of the greatest Ab diving and dramatic scuba diving spots anywhere along the north coast (see the article by Bruce Watkins in the October issue of California Diving News). They also have full facilities to rinse your diving gear and an area to clean any game that you catch. The rates per night are in the $25 range.
For those that are not especially keen on camping out, there are Fine restaurants and accomodations available in gualala and also in Mendocino. This is after all the bed & breakfast mecca.
Air fills are available in Gualala and also at the dive shop in Ft. Bragg, (unless of course someone just happens to have a personal compressor with them).
I think that we really need to do this. Nobody is getting any younger, so we must have as much fun as we possibly can now!
I am planning to make this bash last for 3-4 days of solid Ab'n, divin', huntin', eatin' and drinkin' fun. You just have to try some of my beer battered Abalone and chips!
We could have huge bon fires at night on the beach.
Boats can be moored right out in the bay ready for the next days diving. I hope to have my 18' Dory completed by that time so whoever wants to ride on that feel free.
Anyway, anybody that is interested please respond on this board with any questions you might have.
I really want to make this thing happen. Some of you that have never dove up here or even been up here, this would be a great opportunity to check out what everyone has been raving about!
I can't think of a more exiting or economical dive vacation anywhere.

Think obout it...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]