Re: One more thing...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by brianc on October 16, 2000 at 15:10:34:

In Reply to: One more thing... posted by MHK on October 16, 2000 at 14:28:36:

Thank you for making a detailed response. Your two responses are more in the tone of the well thought out writing that I have seen from you previously.
I think that we are in basic agreement that there are problems at the agency level that lead to problems in the professional ranks. What sent me off in your original post was that it seemed to be a quickly tossed off comment that could be read as condemning everyone certified at the professional level through PADI as just wanting to do the minimum to get by. Any number of professionals with that attitude is too many. However, many do care enough about diving and teaching to put in extra effort. They should not be lumped in with those who do not uphold high standards.

You post here often and are recognized on the board as being informative, whether people agree with you or not. The position of respect that you have earned carries a higher than average level of responsibility. I would probably have considered the same post from someone else to be knee-jerk PADI bashing.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]