NORTH COAST PARTY UPDATE No.3

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Sedletzky on October 16, 2000 at 20:53:30:

Everybody write this down:

The campout is AUGUST 10,11,12, 2001

As of now I have picked Ocean Cove Campground but being that this is far enough away in time, let me retract the statement about Ocean Cove being permanent and leave the location open to suggestions.
So far I have heard Van Damme, Albion, any other suggestions?
Ocean Cove is great in every aspect except for the wind that can whistle on the bluff and the damn porta-potties. My wife absolutely hates them and refuses to use them, so that is creating somewhat of a problem for myself anyway.

As far as beach diving, there are plenty of places to shore dive but you better be in good physical condition to be able to heft all that gear from the road to the shore...(except for Ab diving which requires minimal gear). There are some spots though that are closer than others like Stillwater and Gerstle.

I would like to stress again that I highly recommend being in some form of personal fitness for if nothing more that being able to enjoy several days of exploratory diving without totally wiping yourself out. Even walking or jogging and/or a mild leg routine with weight resistance training would greatly increase your diving enjoyment up here.

By the way, my ocean dory is coming along at a turbo pace. I have the entire frame done and I'm ready to stretch plywood panels on it to complete the hull. All I need now is a 40 to 65 hp out board. If anyone knows of anything used that's in good shape let me know.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]