Re: MHK et al: DUI's response to the crushed neoprene question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on October 17, 2000 at 10:28:45:

In Reply to: MHK et al: DUI's response to the crushed neoprene question posted by Eins on October 17, 2000 at 08:20:01:

EINS,

I only have a few comments to add and then I think we can move on from this one ;-)

Bill Gavin hasn't been the leader of the WKPP for some 10 years and subsequent tests were commissioned. Whether they were done in connection with DUI or not I simply do not know.

While I recognize that most diver's don't dive in the 300' range there are some of us that do. We spend a fair amount if time ( some would argue WAY too much time ;-) ) analyzing things that most diver's could care less about, or accepts what is told to them by the local dive shop.

When you start looking to the coefficients of drag, compressibility issues and the like, it would be fair to say that we take things to a degree that most diver's never consider. So it's one position to take that * it might not matter to my style of diving*, but it is a different position than * the facts do not exsist*.

The TLS 350' were chosen over the 200's for the reason's that I have previously stated ( ie; compressibility ). I have had several conversations with Jarrod Jablonski respecting the 450's. JJ is experimenting with the 450's as we speak and I'll be interested to hear his thoughts.

Thanks for sending Karl the $20 and I think we can put this one to bed...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]