Re: Chilly willy.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Curt Billings on December 13, 1999 at 02:10:04:

In Reply to: Chilly willy. posted by brandon quintero on December 13, 1999 at 00:30:09:

It appears by your second post you will be lobster diving. That limits the options. I see very few people diving with dry suits for lobster because of the probability of urchin punctures. So for a wet suit you will get more thermal protection with a new, custom fit, thick, skin in wet suit. The skin in feature has been covered a bit on this board, just review the archives. Again, I highly recommend the skin in. It is a smooth surface that will trap water incredibly well against your body enabeling your body to heat the trapped water. The water moves less through the suit, when it is custom fit, and the heated water acts as a warm body insulator slowing the heat loss. I have a farmer john custom skin in suit from Aquaflite. In addition I use a hooded vest. The multiple layers, with the skin in feature, makes for the warmest suit I have had. Donning is not a problem but somewhat harder then a conventional suit if you don't know the drill. It will go on simply with plain water or a mix of water and conditioner as a lubricant. It is subject to tears on the inside surface if you poke your fingernails into it but this is easily avoided by spraying the inside surface prior to putting it on. In this case it actually goes on easier than a conventional suit.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]