GUE and WKPP

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JRM on October 18, 2000 at 08:58:38:

In Reply to: Re: academic materials for SCUBA posted by MHK on October 17, 2000 at 15:46:35:

I'm sure these are good organizations, but their websites aren't exactly what I was looking for. GUE doesn't give anything away for free, odd for a company that whines so much about unlearned and incompetent divers. You think they'd want to share. But they lock up all the goodies via a subscription to DIRquest.

And while I'm on the subject, the whole tone of the GUE site is a *major* turnoff. I used to belong to a climbing club that had literature with the same tone, and I didn't even like it from the inside. I would love to get training at the level that GUE offers, but their site is so arrogant I shudder. Anyway, that's just my opinion.

But MHK, I'm surprised you responded this way. I have actually glanced at both of the above sites before, and placed them firmly in the "fluff" category. There isn't anything there but a shrine to the greatness and prowess of a couple of guys. I figured you would have read my request. Based on the third site, which had some goodies, I think you must have. I still have quite a high opinion of you (you make a lot of sense most times), but I guess I was just surprised.

If you have any more goodies like the last link I'd appreciate if you'd share. I was more interested in what books (if any) you use(d) as a basis for your training. I know you can't teach experience, but I do know you can prepare for it :-)

Sorry I missed your Yukon trip. It sounded right up my alley. And someday I'll get down for a DIR demo. I've scheduled myself twice, but the evil empire I work for has required some dastardly deed that weekend :-(

Thanks for the third link,

JRM

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]