Re: Three good reasons to boycott PADI

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Hoffmann on October 18, 2000 at 12:42:58:

In Reply to: Re: Three good reasons to boycott PADI posted by Other Ben on October 18, 2000 at 11:14:04:

Other Ben, here's the deal, PADI is the only training agency without hourly requirements in there programs.
In a NAUI Basic Scuba Diver program I have do 14 hours of academics, and 17 hours of practical application before I can certify them. I also have to do 5 OW dives (I have not gone bankrupt neither has NAUI, running this program).
Contrast this with PADI's class and 4 OW dives.
There are governing bodys that have set-up the Basic Class standards,but the hourly reqirement was left out.
NAUI is a Not-For-profit educational association.
NAUI's purpose is to enable people to enjoy underwater activities as safely as possible by providing the highest quality practical education and to actively promote the preservation and protection of the world's underwater environments.
NAUI Credo
We believe:and individual should not be qualified as a NAUI instructor unless those empowered to qualify the person would allow the person to teach their loved ones to dive.That the leadership power in NAUI should be limited to and controlled by the democratic process.
NAUI instructors are qualified professional educators who are granted academic freedom to teach diving in any reasonable manner as long as NAUI standards and policies are met. NAUI does not have a rigid approach to teaching diving.
NAUI Instructors may exceed NAUI standard in ways that do not jeopardize the students safety .
Contrast that to PADI, and I think them wanting.

Jim Hoffmann
NAUI 5888
PADI 6301

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]