Re: If you happen to see this....I'll defend solo.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on October 19, 2000 at 12:07:01:

In Reply to: Re: If you happen to see this....I'll defend solo. posted by AADIVER on October 19, 2000 at 11:47:51:

Frank,

It doesn't confuse me at all.. I disagree with it no matter what label you call it.. You are the one who is confusing the issue, your trying to introduce a terms that implies something other than it is... If it's solo diving it's solo diving.. If you believe in your position stand by it, but don't try to confuse newbies with a different name..

Atleast seahunt stands by a position and doesn't attempt to hide behind meaningless distortions..

Hey EINS why aren't you jumping all over this ?????? If I ever tried to put a new name on the same practice you would be all over me...

Solo, buddyless, independant all have the same crtitical failure in common. If something happens you have no one around at the time you need it.. Some are worse derivations of the same problems than other's but the common failure point is that when you need help you don't have it available..

You guys have made arguements, I have made arguements and we have spent a fair amount of time discussing risk and the corresponding levels attached to such practices..

But my point that I want to make sure doesn't get lost in the misdirection is that NO ONE will be there when you need it, despite your remarks about being self-reliant.. Sadly, we have had several fatalities recently that could have been prevented if there was a buddy available...

I readily acknowledge that you have no intention of changing your diving practices and I'm not trying to change your mind.. My efforts are focused on providing information to others who may be thinking of following the solo diving bandwagon.. The deaths are adding up but the cavalier attitude hasn't changed so I plan on speaking out...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]