Free NAUI Cross-over for other agencys Divemasters

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Hoffmann on October 19, 2000 at 13:06:14:

OK, guys nothing is for free, but I will donate my time to help you become a NAUI Divemaster.
NAUI does not have a Divemaster cross-over, because in NAUI's standards a DM is on a higher leadership-level then the Assistant Instructor ("The NAUI Divemaster rating is the highest NAUI leadership-level certification with the exception of Instructor").
If you look at the standards for the other agency you will find that the AI is a higher level then the DM.
But, because of NAUI's academic freedom, I can evaluate your skill level and then fill in the blanks to certify you a NAUI DM.
To fill in the blanks you will need to do some academic work (test), lectures, pool work, and some OW dives.
You may need to buy some books and pay for your registration and insurance (PADI insurance should work, for the rest of the year).
If anyone is interested,I was thinking of starting this the second week of Nov. I have a Rescue Class coming up on Nov. 15 and some of there dives will be on Nov. 25 and 26(we could do our water work then). I also have a CPR, First Aid, and a DAN 02 classes on Nov. 18-19 if anyone needs those classes.
If you are tired of the BS, here's your chance to join an organization you can be proud of (almost for free).

Jim Hoffmann
NAUI 5888
Scuba.Toys@mindspring.com
(714)527-0430

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]