Re: Poor training or lack of experience

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Poulas on October 19, 2000 at 15:13:51:

In Reply to: Re: Poor training or lack of experience posted by AADIVER on October 18, 2000 at 22:13:44:

My full name is Eric Poulas
I was born in Oskund, Sweeden. My family migrated to the US when I was 11. I have lived in the Los Angeles area for about 13 years now.

Before I decide to even consider being mentored by someone I want to know more about the person I am considering mentoring from. I realize you perhaps might want to know about me too and that is OK.

I first started diving in 1966 at the ripe old age of 15. I was certified in 1969 through YMCA in Ft. Lee, NJ. I did cross over to PADI for Divemaster and Instructor in 1974. I stopped instructing in 1977. I was certified from basic NITROX through trimix from IANTD and TDI by 1984. I stopped counting dives in the mid eighties. By then I had over 4000. I estinate I probably have over 5500 dives by now.
Most of my diving has been on deep NJ and Great Lakes wrecks. Most of my warm water diving has been in Florida salt water. I am very curious about getting into cave diving right now. I have been diving here in California since I moved out this way in 1988. I like diving Monterey on the trench wall with my friends that have a 38' boat there. I dive a charter boat in the southern California area about 4 times a month, usually out of Ventura but sometimes from San Pedro also.
My deepest dive was a reef wall in Grand Cayman. Our mix dive was to 310 feet and perhaps my most memorable. My favorite local dive to California is probably the two times we did the trench and the visability was more than 100 ft. A trip to Farnsworth last May was pretty good too. We were on the botton looking up from 225 feet and could see the shadow of the boat above us.

Now please supply to me the information I requested.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]