Re: Poor training or lack of experience

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ed L. on October 19, 2000 at 16:03:28:

In Reply to: Re: Poor training or lack of experience posted by MHK on October 18, 2000 at 16:47:51:

My OW training and dives covered a lot and even included buddy breathing. My instructor was from the old school where getting certified was like going to boot camp.

I did my OW cert in the North Atlantic off Atlantic City NJ. The hardest part for me climbing into that farmer john on a boat in 2 - 4 chop. I appreciated the help from other getting into and getting into my gear. By the time I stepped off the boat I was sweating like a pig. But once I hit the water I was fine!

Living here at Lake Tahoe allows me more time to dive than ever before. I dno't mind showing someone around dive spot for the first time or helping them get ready. Most people coming from a lower altitude, by the time they hit the water they are out of breath.

I'm not the worlds greatest diver but I am comfortable with my skills and equipment. I watched a lady in my wifes class struggle with some very basic skills. By the second class she was still having problems. One of the instructors should have either spent some more time helping her or told her they didn't feel she was ready for the class and offered to refund her money. After the thrid class she never showed up again. Do these type of people need more 1 on 1 help with their skills? Or just another example of trying to get as many through the class as you can?

Ed L.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]