Re: Monterey vs. San Diego? (Advice Needed)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on December 14, 1999 at 15:16:44:

In Reply to: Monterey vs. San Diego? (Advice Needed) posted by DiveAtlas on December 13, 1999 at 22:34:46:

You do realize that between Monterey and San Diego there is plenty of diving. Your skipping most of the channel islands.

Monterey diving is good, but not great. The marine life is nice but vis tends to be limited. There a few dive boats up there but frankly many of the locals use the beach. Not to say you can't get on a boat, but that there is a tremendous beach diving community in the penisula.

Between Monterey and San Diego there is Ventura and San Pedro that is the home to many great dive boats that will take you to the islands. If I had my choice that's what I would do. In fact, I do it almost every weekend. My favorite boat is the Great Escape out of San pedro. They go to all the islands. see www.diveboat.com

I fyou do decide to drive all the way south to San Diego, try wreck alley and the best boat I have found down there is the Blue Escape 619-223-3483 many dive off the Lois Ann but that is too much of a cattle boat for my taste.

regards

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]