Re: Three good reasons to boycott PADI

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Poulas on October 20, 2000 at 13:01:08:

In Reply to: Re: Three good reasons to boycott PADI posted by Frank, AADIVER, Farmer on October 19, 2000 at 22:56:10:

I shall quote AADIVER directly from one of his earlier posts located at http://diver.net/bbs/messages/4507.shtml since he says he's constantly being misquoted.

"However...I don't, won't be forced by you techie geeks to defend my personal diving profile, perfected over 35 years of active diving world-wide. It's mine and I
don't advocate it for any other diver...unless, of course, he/she wants to progress from follow diver to leader diver, from reliant diver to self-reliant diver."

I want to progress from follow diver to leader diver, from reliant diver to self-reliant diver. Please explain how your way will accomplish this. You are being no better than what you accuse the DIR people of doing when you avoid answering the question. You have made it obvious that your way is best for you and yet you will not discuss it. DIR people say their way is best for them but they are willing to discuss it. And they don't want to charge or have liability waivers in place for the information excahnge if it should happen in the water.

This is one of many simple questions generated by many of you own posts. From what you have displayed in this series of exchanges you do not have the mentatily or scruples to mentor anyone regardless of how you dive. I for one am seeing your credibility slip away with each exchange. I feel I have given you every opportunity to publically explain your style of diving and you have manuevered around the question many times. If you cannot put you facts in place to support your statements you of all people should not even consider mentoring someone. This is especially true when someone like you cannot explain in any detail to the mentoree what they will be taught by the mentor.

I had a very interesting discussion through private email last evening about you with another diver who says he has traveled with you on dive trips on both the east and west coasts. He said he is a member of a the wreck divers club you belong to and has been diving on boats with you for years. He says people should not take you seriously as a representation of the club or divers in general. It is obvious since we have never met he knows you better than I do and he has come up with a better rationale than you have for diving they way you do.

This discussion is over. You faltered.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]