"The Last Dive" by Bernie Chowdhury

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JR Gordon on October 20, 2000 at 19:37:04:

List:

Sometimes I can argue with the best, but I can't find the words to describe the how touched I am after just finishing the newly-released book referenced above.

Bernie Chowdhury, founder and publisher of "Immersed" the international technical diving magazine, spent years researching, interviewing, and crafting a moving and sensitive recount of the lives, adventures, and tragic deaths of Chris and Chrissy Rouse, a father and son team who perished 8 years ago this month. They were part of a team trying to identify a mysterious and undocumented WWII
U-boat that had been recently discovered off the coast of New York. The Sub, nicked-named the "U-Who" was identified 5 years later as the U-869. It will be the subject of a Nova program to be aired on November 14th (http://www.pbs.org/nova/lostsub).

I purchased the book earlier today and I couldn't put it down until I finished it this evening. This story is so-much more than a post-mortem or accident analysis.

Enjoy,

JRG

This book is so-much more than a post-mortem or accident analysis. It is a educational and moving book that explores the human spirit equally with

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]