It changes almost daily...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eins on October 23, 2000 at 23:33:51:

In Reply to: Sport Chalet- salesforce information posted by MHK on October 23, 2000 at 15:35:31:

and differs between stores.

I'm a member of the Greater Orange County Sport Chalet dive club and through that affiliation are entitled to 10 free air fills and 10% discount on Scuba purchases. Both are reasons for me to frequent Sport Chalet stores, depending on where I am at the moment of need.
My best experiences were made at the Huntington Beach store (with certified divers), the worst at La Cienega. I fully agree that any half difficult question throws most of them off. Unfortunately, that also goes for a lot of other stores (specializing for any market segments, not only scuba).

Like others mentioned, SC has very attractive prices for most of their articles and a fairly good selection (but they lost ScubaPro a year or two ago). Their annual Scuba Swap Meets are very good.

The La Cienega store gave free air fills in 1998 and 99. Don't know about now. Yes, they tended to be short by the time the tank cooled down (and they refused to either refrigerate or slightly overfill to compensate). The new Long Beach store does overfill a little and ends up with correct fills.

Their employees change very frequently.

m2c
Eins

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]