Re: Poor training or lack of experience

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on October 25, 2000 at 15:59:23:

In Reply to: Re: Poor training or lack of experience posted by Frank, AADIVER, Farmer on October 24, 2000 at 23:15:19:

Frank,

You put yourself out there as an experienced diver, as someone who, under your specific conditions, advocates a style of diving and then you recklessly refuse to putforth the specifics of the system.

Whether you agree with DIR or not, I think it's a fair statement that I can confidentially make that no metter where you stand on the merits of the DIR system we put out specifics, we discuss specifics, we bring our message to the public and we invite anyone to try it, we loan you our recomended equipment and we do it all free of charge..

So to the extent that you wish to interject yourself into the mix and introduce yourself as a possible mentor I think it's a fair response to wonder what the hell you have to offer and why anyone should consider you as a potential mentor...

As for agruing for the sake of arguing, I would suggest that you look in the mirror.. I advance a system that is fully supported, that is fully available for demo and I spend an extraordinary amount of my free time working with less experienced diver's. I do this NOT for the money, because I'll note for the record most of these events wind up costing me money out of pocket and to the extent any of my event make money I donate it to the Catalina Hyperbaric Chamber. This is a labor of love and for you to suggest that it is simply an excuse to argue, given your ridiculously reckless suggestions is the height of absurdity.. If you can't defend your system, shut the hell up and certainly don't offer yourself up as some kind of expert willing to mentor the masses.

My system is out there, my system has worked in setting world records, your system is a footnote in a book so outdated that they refuse to re-print it...

Grow up or shut the hell up because I don't care how many years you have been diving you don't have the mental capacity to mentor ANYONE....

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]