What's to argue?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by SLANG on October 27, 2000 at 14:33:03:

In Reply to: Nitrox and the Yukon........ posted by MHK on October 27, 2000 at 13:42:50:

No argument here. With a hard bottom of 100 fsw, EANx 32% is a great mix for seeing the whole wreck. No worries regarding depth restrictions, and either longer or safer bottom times (I know you'll also claim a clearer head, but frankly, I just don't notice the difference at that depth). And depending on which part of the ship you're planning on exploring, EANx 36% is an even better choice. It's probably just a little hot for entry/exit through the port side openings.

The thing is, I've never heard anyone say that Nitrox on the YUKON was a bad thing. If you're certified for it and are willing to pay the slightly increased costs, it's obviously the perfect dive for it. In fact, on my trip to the YUKON on the LOIS ANN, Nitrox was the predominant breathing gas. More than half of the boat was diving Nitrox even though there was a little problem with their membrane system; they were having difficulty getting mixes >32%. Most everyone limited themselves to 32%, but there were a couple who went with 36% on at least the first dive. Maybe you were directing this post at someone specific, but I can't imagine anyone would be opposed to ALLOWING the use of Nitrox on this dive. (See, our beliefs are not ALWAYS fundamentally opposed)

SLANG

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]