Re: "Bio" Fins

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by HD on October 28, 2000 at 00:08:45:

In Reply to: "Bio" Fins posted by JRM on October 26, 2000 at 17:01:22:

Well here's my "take" or "give" on the fins:

I asked the same question about the bio-fins several months ago when my 24 year old Jet Fins were finally ready to be replaced (got my money's worth out of 'em!) and I'd seen the Rodales articles. I thought how could they be soooo good?
Well I asked a lot of people, and made a lot of trips to the dive shops to get their advice. I got the same responses kelphead replied with.

By the way, I have no leg, ankle, or strength problems in either leg.

I have used the fins exclusively since I used them the first time. I am perfectly happy with their performance, the ease of putting them on, and in removing them. I have had no problems with maneuverability as some have expressed. They are not bulky or wide and provide adequate propulsion for every kind of diving I have done with them. This has included drift diving (Cozumel), faster drift diving (Colorado River), southern Cal Channel Island diving (by the way I'll be there tomorrow(Sun, Mon) on the Peace), and no surge-no current, stagnant water diving (Lake Mead).

Some other comments I've seen or heard about them is that you have to alter your kick in order to get them to perform. For me I have not noticed a difference. I have tried different styles of kicking to see if there is a difference but really have not noticed anything significant, and have not had to conciously alter my kick style.

I am happy with mine.

By the way, I don't work for the company or a dive shop. I have no sales promoting interest in them at all, just a regular guy who sport dives. I just hope I get the same lifespan out of these as I did the Jet Fins.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]