No death on Westerly

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Captain Tim Burke on October 30, 2000 at 19:01:13:

In Reply to: Yet Another Ax Past Week? posted by tleemay on October 30, 2000 at 09:37:04:

10/30/00 6:57:57 PM

Last week I went up to 22nd Street Landing Restaurant, and was asked by a waitress there, "What happened on the 3rd boat down? We saw then take a body bag off the boat." I told them that boat would be the "Westerly" and I had not heard anything, but would check it out. A few days later I went up there for dinner and the same question was asked. I told them I didn't think anything had happened as Jim Ingram, a good friend and fellow Captain had not said a word.
Tonight I got a call from a friend asking me to check out Chris Grossman's BBS. I did. I was, am, appalled. Terry May apparently, was also asked this question, and responded on the BBS. I emailed him privately, and his defense was 5 people asked him this question.
I just got off the phone with Jim Ingrim; No One died on his boat this last week. He did not even leave port until Friday the 27th for a 2-day trip. His exact words are, "Bullshit, call the Coast Guard, I am just a Dive Boat Captain, this would be public knowledge. I don't know who would say something like this".
For Terry to go public, with out first checking for facts, is inexcusable. The dive industry has enough problems, without someone going off on rumors.
TERRY YOU OWE JIM INGRAM, AND THE WESTERY A HUGE APPOLIGY.

Captain Tim Burke
Great Escape Charters

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]