Re: Now where getting somewhere...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on October 31, 2000 at 13:11:37:

In Reply to: Re: Now where getting somewhere... posted by Ken Kurtis on October 30, 2000 at 23:12:14:

Ken,

The premise of the thread was Nitrox and the Yukon so it's understandable that some ( me included ) view this an air -v- Nitrox comparison. By in large that is the discussion that I hope to initiate and in so doing I hope to accomplish establishing a sense of Nitrox being the better choice when you approach the Yukon..

Further to your post I think we should agree to disagree in terms of your notion of if you stritcly compare 2 divers exiting the water not bent that they are equally safe.. You completely ignore the ancillary benefits associated with Nitrox, most notably the Equivalent Air Depths benefit. While there is something to be said for both diver's exiting not bent that's not the be end and end all of the analysis.. Some dives don't go as planned, mathematical models are often times unreliable as they relate to specific tissue loading and many other factors come into play. SO by reducing the arguement down to the lowest common denominator ( ie; we both didn't get bent ) you ignore many other salient factors that many Nitrox proponents desire... ie; clearer head, greater safety cushion in terms of tissue saturation if you are using air tables, just to name a few...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]