Re: Bruce Weinke's summary of the NAUI Conference

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on November 01, 2000 at 09:36:25:

In Reply to: Re: Bruce Weinke's summary of the NAUI Conference posted by Ken Kurtis on October 31, 2000 at 23:50:29:

Ken,

I'm not sure I read it the same way as you do.. Maybe because of our polar opposite views we are reading the same thing but just coming to different conclusions ;-)

But it seems to me that it says Technical AND Nitrox workshop.. Most people don't put Nitrox into the technical diving catagory thus the term * AND*. Moreover, I read it to say that they are considering mandating Nitrox into the basic courses. Whether it is from just an educational standpoint or an actual diving, mixing standpoint I'm sure will be a topic of discussion amongst the NAUI members but it's clear to me the direction NAUI is moving.. The winds of change are blowing in the Nitrox direction that's why I was curious to get your reaction..

To the extent that NAUI moves towards mandating Nitrox in it's basic classes how would you handle that??? ( admitted speculation but you must be thinking about it at this point )...

Later..

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]