sheesh!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jason on November 03, 2000 at 01:51:38:

You'd think this was a motorcycling group in North Dakota, where everyone is putting away their rides for the winter. This is supposed to be the best time of the year for diving in this state.

So in one side we have guys like Mike Kane, carrier of the DIR torch. While I think he'd like to keep it calm, that NY blood of his finds it hard to ignore a personal challenge or insult. He has complained about posts being just about semantics, but I don't think he's clean on that one either.

On the other end, we folks that seem to have a persecution complex, and keep provoking more of this crap. Here's a hint - the DIR folks don't really care what you do. They are interested in countering what they consider unsafe advocacy. I'll agree that advocating solo diving is wreckless.

Mike knows where I disagree with him and we're perfectly capable of talking without losing it. Where things got out of control here was back in the summer when it wasn't clear if he was merely advocating, or suggested regulation. I'll agree it was unclear for a while.

We ought to agree to disagree on the solo subject, and go on with it. Carrying a grudge isn't worth it. We can go back to more constructive threads, such as the one on surf entries. We could talk about how to move forward from this summer's slew of accidents...or what exactly there is to learn from it. We didn't see it up North. If I wanted to read personal attacks with little California content, I could read tech diver.

How about more photo alblums? We saw some really good stuff from Chris and his friends.

Go out and have a relaxing weekend. Try not posting till then.
I'm going out snorkeling with the salmon myself.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]