Re: In Defense of MHK

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Don Lake on November 15, 2000 at 19:56:30:

In Reply to: In Defense of MHK posted by Jim Hoffmann on November 15, 2000 at 18:53:19:

Several months ago I attended one of Mike's DIR lectures at Reefseekers Dive Shop. I found him to be intelligent, caring, knowledgable, and even funny. He clearly was trying to help fellow divers learn a new style of diving. Even though I had been diving in Southern California for 40 years I was very impressive with the logic of DIR. Mike was kind enough to lend me demo gear. Since that time he has provided advice to me on diving. I have had the pleasure to dive with him and John Walker on the Yukon. You could not find two better divers. Both are willing to take the time to help others. I have been surprised by the comments made by divers on this BBS. Diving is a dangerous sport. Mike's posts have always had one goal in mind-safety. Injuries and deaths to our fellow divers reflect on all divers. The experienced divers should always be setting examples for other divers. We need more divers to speak up like Mike does to promote safety. By the way, if you happen to meet Mike, he really doesn't have a loud mouth.

Don Lake

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]