Re: Intro plus question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff on November 18, 2000 at 07:35:59:

In Reply to: Re: Intro plus question posted by msblucow on November 17, 2000 at 20:57:08:

Avila beach is actually where we do our first OW dives, not much to see there as vis is usually less then 10 and its a sand bottom. I do quite well there for halibut late in the Summer though. We dive the Unocal oil pier there (the one in the middle that you cant drive on) and its generally interesting. Temps range from 46 to 58 but its really not worth diving. Can I ask what in Avila is attracting you so often? Montana De Oro is a great dive but the good days are hard to get as vis goes bad quickly there. Spooners is an excellent dive, vis can be bad at times but depth, life forms, and geology there is incredible. The problem with Spooners is it can be an extremly hard entry exit on most days, swells can be between 5 and 9 ft before you know it there. Id recommend Spooners for the well advanced diver, but it is deffinatly worth doing.
Email me sometime your are headed up this way, I can be found almost every Sunday at Port San Luis Beach with a bunch of stundents, stop by if you see us..

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]