Re: Ah, more info, thanks...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Joe R on November 19, 2000 at 23:46:43:

In Reply to: Re: Ah, more info, thanks... posted by Kendall Raine on November 13, 2000 at 18:32:53:

I dive with twin 95 (steel) or twin 98 (steel) plus a 6lb ss backplate no weightbelt., and usually carry at least 1 stage/deco cylinder. I feel a better solution is to have 1 or more redundant buoyancy devices.
1) dry suit
2) if diving wet, redundant bladder Ala OMS or a totally seprate bladder mounted between tanks and (harness/bc)
3) LIFT bag...

I NEVER do any offshore dive without a liftbag and a reel, this serves multiple purposes,
guidline, alternate buoyancy source, and a means to create an ascent line (tie into wreck or bottom and send a lift bag to the surface) or to have a means to do a blue water hang and have a means for the boat to see you while you do your deco stop.
Most dives offshore NY/NJ have strong currents and you can not do a free acesnt so if you can't find the anchor line you better have an alternate method to the surface or be preparred to drift for up to several hours while the boat is waiting for other divers to finish then go look for you.

http://www.geocities.com/padiscubapro/

Recreational and Technical Scuba instruction
PADI, SDI, TDI, ANDI

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]