Re: Ditchable -v- Non Ditchable weights-last word

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kendall Raine on November 20, 2000 at 16:04:14:

In Reply to: Re: Ditchable -v- Non Ditchable weights posted by Gerry on November 20, 2000 at 13:42:15:

Two points, Gerry.

1) If the AT-pac or shot plug system allows you to distribute weight across the body, great. I never said I had a problem with the concept of ditchable weight. My problem is that if the ditchable weight is isolated in the waist area, as in the DUI or Halcyon systems, and you put all your weight in these locations, I don't like the impact on trim.

2) As for your diatribe about DIR and your assumption that I adhere to everything that comes out of the WKPP/GUE, you're wrong. I don't. If that makes me a stroke, I could care less. I've never said I was DIR or anything else. I have no use for labels. I have defended the DIR gear configuration where I believe it makes sense and I am clear about it when I don't-keel weights for example. I have extensively integrated DIR concepts into my rig because they make sense to me. This system works for me both in caves and in deep mixed gas open water applications. I can defend my gear choices without resort to polemics or obfuscation of any kind.

You invited me by name, Gerry, to respond to your post about ditchable weight. You then accuse me of being some kind of automoton (or at least someone with a kept mind) and that my views are boring you. Sorry about that. To those who know me I'm really a very funny guy.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]