Re: Ditchable -v- Non Ditchable weights

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on November 20, 2000 at 16:13:49:

In Reply to: Re: Ditchable -v- Non Ditchable weights posted by Gerry on November 20, 2000 at 13:42:15:

Posted by Gerry on November 20, 2000 at 13:42:15:

Did you, TLM and MHK each arrive at the same gear configuration as a result of independent consideration?

Speaking for myself only ( but I have an idea where Kendall and Terry will stand but they can speak for themselves ), I arrived at my gear configuration as a result of trying many, many,many different configurations and after spending thousands of dollars on less thanoptimal gear..

To the extent that I accepted a system that was in fact compiled by several other prominent diver's does not undermine the fact that I arrived at my conclusion independantly..

FTR, DIR has never taken the position that all the components of DIR are unique to George or JJ, in fact they both go out of their way to recognize those that came before them and built the foundation for the DIR system.. Hogarth, Turner, Gavin, Excley and few other's have all had very prominent roles in the development of this system..

What I don't understand is you apparent hostility towards a system that you haven't tried ( atleast to my knowledge or understanding )...

Furthermore, I would add that all the DIR components stem from a wealth of open ocean diving as well as cave diving.. This is one of the common misconceptions about DIR.. I'll tell you if you ever get a chance to see the video of the Britanic ( 400' deep and 900' long) you'd perhaps gain a better understanding of the DIR applications as it relates to all environments..

But as you said Gerry, we are both stuck in our opinions and there is no room for change...

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]