Re: Hot diving spots of the Channel islands

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on November 22, 2000 at 13:44:45:

In Reply to: Hot diving spots of the Channel islands posted by Mike on November 22, 2000 at 13:07:38:

How are you getting to the island(s)? If you are taking a private boat there is much to do and see. I suggest that you buy a FRANKO map and discuss it at dive shops in the Ventura area. There are so many shallow fun dives there that is is hard to suggest. The final determination needs to be made upon arrival after seeing the current and swell.

If you are looking to take a commerical boat, I recommend the Liberty since it is so often filled with students, they will cater to the shallower dive sites. There are many other fine boats to choose from as well. The Peace is great, but your depth limit made me think you are sightseeing rather than hunting, where the Peace really excells.

I really like Rat Rock, Sailboat Cave, the Preserve, and Goldfish Bowl for shallow dives. The commercial boats will always do a good job of finding a great sight seeing dive! And this time of year the Channel Islands are awesome.

Wayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]