sale! sale! sale!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by kelphead on December 04, 2000 at 23:10:19:

well, i've been away from the board a while and it looks like there's a bit to catch up on. i hope everyone has been doing well in the meantime. = : )

anyway, i just wanted you all to know about an upcoming sale at the 'aquarium of the pacific' [formerly known as the 'long beach aq of the pacific'].

at the end of my shift this past saturday, i stopped in at the gift shop to see if there were any interesting books there. the inventory changes like mad in that shop! well, i found some dive related books that are apparently already clearanced to 40% off the cover price.

i picked up the following:

**diving and snorkeling guide to northern california and the monterey peninsula, 2nd ed, steve rosenberg (was ~15$, now ~9$)

**diving and snorkeling guide to the pacific northwest: includes puget sound, san juan islands, and vancouver island, edward weber (was ~15$, now ~9$)

**northwest boat dives: 60 ultimate dives in puget sound & hood canal, dave bliss (was ~17$, now ~10$)

**dive like a pro: 101 ways to improve your scuba skills and safety, robert n. rossier (was ~15$, now ~9$)

there are MANY MANY MANY other dive related tour guide books that cover exotic locales such as some popular warm water dive sites, but i only listed a few of the books that were 40% clearanced. the 40% clearanced dive books are marked by a round green sticker and/or a green line through the upc code.

but this upcoming weekend at the 'aop' gift store they are going to have a storewide 30% off sale. that's 30% off EVERYTHING in the entire gift store, including books and laminated "franco's" maps. i saw some maps for the following areas:

**catalina isle
**northern channel isles
**l.a. county
**orange county/laguna beach
**palos verdes

unfortunately, they didn't have the fold-up versions of those maps (will have to track those down elsewhere), but they are laminated and i'm sure will be great hanging on a wall.

i know i'll be back at the gift store this coming weekend to pick up a few more items (i only get a 20% discount and the 30% sale is, of course, slightly better).

i just thought i'd share this piece of tidbit w/you, so, come on down if you haven't visited the 'aop' yet and you can hit the sale at the same time. the sale runs from friday dec 8 - sunday dec 10. the 30% discount, though, does not apply to the 40% discounted books, so just keep that in mind.

i haven't gone through my newly purchased books in detail yet, but i figure rossier's book will come in handy w/some tips i don't know about and it will definitely come in handy to lend out to a newbie diver friend if the need arises.

also, since i'm dreaming of diving the emerald sea, i figured the other books will be good to drool on in the meantime. btw, for those of you who are critical of laguna beach's rules for diving, i found it interesting to learn that up in washington, the edmonds underwater park regulations state that a diver MUST be/have the following:

**certified
**a b.c.
**a buddy
{p.22, diving and snorkeling guide to the pacific northwest, edward weber}

hey, at least laguna beach doesn't require one to be certified. = ; b

for those looking to get gifts or to give them, even if you don't make it down to the 'aop' for the 30% sale this weekend, perhaps you'd like to try and track down these titles elsewhere.

anyway, best wishes and i hope everyone's diving has been safe and enjoyable.

[[probably won't be back on the board til after the beginning of next year. take care in the meantime.]]

= : )

kelphead.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]